Trusted Houston Consumer Protection Attorneys
Houston Consumer protection law or consumer law is an area of law that regulates private law relationships between individual consumers and the businesses that sell those goods and services. Consumer protection covers a wide range of topics, including but not limited to product liability, privacy rights, unfair business practices, fraud, misrepresentation, and other consumer/business interactions. It is best to consult Houston consumer protection attorneys with any questions regarding your legal matter.
Consumer protection law provides protection against fraud and scams from service and sales contracts, bill collector regulation, pricing, utility turnoffs, consolidation, personal loans that may lead to bankruptcy. The FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops these unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices. If you have questions, it is advisable to consult Houston consumer protection lawyers.
Below is a list of consumer legislation at the nation-state level. In the EU member states Germany and the United Kingdom there is also the applicability of law at the EU level to be considered; this applies on the basis of subsidiarity.
To protect consumer interest, eight consumer rights are defined by the UN Consumer Bill of Rights:
- Right to Safety – safeguarding against goods that are hazardous to life and property.
- Right to Information – consumers have the right to be informed regarding the price, quality, quantity, etc., of the products they buy.
- Right to Choice – consumers should be provided with a wide variety of goods to choose from.
- Right to be Heard – the right of consumers to have their complaints heard.
- Right to Satisfaction of Basic Needs – this right demands that people have access to basic, essential goods and services: adequate food, clothing, shelter, health care, education, public utilities, water, and sanitation.
- Right to Redress – consumers have the right to seek redress regarding their complaints.
- Right to Consumer Education – the right of consumers to be educated about their rights.
- Right to a Healthy Environment – this is the right to live and work in an environment that is non-threatening to the well-being of present and future generations.
Houston Consumer Protection Lawyers Discuss Consumer Protection
Good credit is really important in general for anything. Debt collectors report bad debt that isn’t yours on your credit report deframing and hurting your credit. They go beyond to collect your debt, such as harassment and threats. Texas Lawyer Referral Service have well experienced Houston consumer law lawyers that will protect your credit and stop harassing debt collectors.
Houston Consumer Fraud Attorneys Discuss Deceptive Trade Practices
Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act prevents salespersons and businesses from falsely advertising a product. The DTPA may apply to you if it includes:
- Duped in buying a used product that you thought was new
- Victim of price gouging after a natural disaster
- Taking advantage of Spanish speakers or those who do not read well
- Using false or misleading advertisements
- Exaggerating the benefits of a product
If you have been lied to by a business, you should talk with one of our best Consumer law attorneys who can help protect your interests.
Debt Collection Protection
Debt collectors often take aggressive actions in violation of federal law. If debt collectors are harassing you or any of your family to collect debt, they could be violating your rights. Do not let these collection agency threat and call you constantly which also could be violating your rights.
Houston Consumer Protection Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
If you need legal assistance from one of our Houston consumer protection attorneys , fill out our form on this page or call us at 713-510-7100. Take advantage of our Free Consultation by contacting us today.