Trusted Houston Consumer Protection Attorneys
Houston Consumer protection law or consumer law is an area of law that controls private law relationships between individual consumers and the businesses that sell those goods and services. Furthermore, consumer protection may include product liability, privacy rights, and unfair business practices. Also, it may also include fraud, misrepresentation, and other consumer/business interactions. Moreover, it is best to consult Houston consumer protection attorneys with any questions regarding your legal matter.
Houston Consumer Protection Lawyers Can Help Provide Protection
Consumer protection law protects against fraud and scams from service and sales contracts, bill collector regulation, pricing, utility turnoffs, personal loans that may lead to bankruptcy. Also, the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops these unfair, deceptive and unfair business practices. Moreover, if you have questions, it is wise to consult Houston consumer protection lawyers.
Below is a list of consumer legislation at the nation-state level.
The UN Consumer Bill of Rights Explains 8 Consumer Rights:
- Safety – safeguarding against goods that are hazardous to life and property.
- Information – consumers have the right to be informed regarding the price, quantity, quality, etc., of the products they buy.
- Choice – ability to choose from a variety of goods.
- Right to be Heard – the right of consumers to have their complaints heard.
- Satisfaction of Basic Needs – this right demands that people have resources to essential goods and services: adequate food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, education, public utilities, water, and sanitation.
- Compensation – consumers have the right to seek compensation regarding their complaints.
- Consumer Education – informed regarding consumer rights
- Healthy Environment – this is the right to live and work in a place that is safe to people.
Houston Consumer Protection Lawyers Discuss Consumer Protection
Proper credit is essential in life. Furthermore, bad credit can take up to seven years or more to clear up from our credit report. Moreover, you may be rejected for a car or home loan. Also, debt collectors may report the bad debt that isn’t yours on your credit report. As a result, hurting your credit.
Moreover, they may use harassment & threats to collect your debt. We have experienced Houston consumer law lawyers that will protect your credit and stop harassing debt collectors. Furthermore, depending on your state laws, you may be entitled to money for the mistakes that the debt collector has made. Consult Houston consumer fraud lawyers to see if you have a case.
Houston Consumer Fraud Attorneys Discuss Deceptive Trade Practices
Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act prevents salespeople and businesses from falsely advertising a product. The DTPA may apply to you if it includes:
- Deceptive representation of a product as new when it is not new
- Victim of unfairly raising prices after a natural disaster
- Taking advantage of those that speak Spanish or those who do not read well
- Using false or misleading advertisements
- Making the benefits of a product seem better than they are
Debt Collection Protection
Debt collectors often take aggressive actions in violation of federal law. Furthermore, understand that if debt collectors are harassing you or any of your family to collect the debt, they could be violating your legal rights.
Houston Consumer Protection Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
Harassed by debt collectors? Consult one of our Houston consumer protection attorneys today. Fill out our form on this page or call us. We offer a Free Consultation if you contact us today. Also, we can help you stop the threatening collection calls by referring you to consumer protection attorneys.
English | Español
can be contacted by
phone or text at 512-872-4400
Certified by the State Bar of Texas